Nahar Garh, or the “abode of tigers” was built in 1734 by Sawai Jai Singh II as a hunting lodge. Later (1892/93) Sawai Madho Singh added the Madhavendra Bhawan. It has nine richly painted identical apartments connected by an intricate maize of corridors, reportedly built to hide the king’s visit to any one of his nine queens from the other queens.
This clock face has a painted medallion from one of the nine quarters.
These brass clocks with domed glass, double up as paper weights. Details from some of India's finest monuments make them collectibles and wonderful gifts.
by unscrewing the back.